Sunday, July 5, 2009

Burgers and Buns


I am always mesmerized with the beautiful food and photos over at the Smitten Kitchen, and when I saw the light brioche burger buns the other day, I knew I had to give them a go. The recipe was easy and really made the burger more special. I previously mentioned how tasty goat cheese and caramelized onions are on a burger, and today was no exception. We also threw on some mixed greens straight from the garden and a nice slice of tomato to top it off. Although it is so easy and convenient to simply pick up a package of buns at your local grocery store, I really think for the little bit of hands on time, it is beyond worth it to make your own. Needless to say, these are definitely part of the repertoire from here on out!




2 comments:

  1. The brioche burger buns look fantastic and I will surely be trying this recipe. I find it interesting that we both were mesmerized today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Tyler, in his never ending quest to find the best cheeseburger, would be beyond impressed that you made your own buns!! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete