Thursday, August 13, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers Mango Banana Daiquiris


Since I am away from my computer this post will be shorter than normal. You see, I am dealing with the curse of dial-up for the time being.
This week's selection was perfect for a warm summer evening, but I have to say that I went very easy on the rum. The dust-covered bottle only had 1/2 of the amount called for in the original recipe, so I went with it. If I had been paying closer attention, I also would have made less of the simple syrup as it only called for 1/2 cup.
In the end, I would make this again for the smooth texture and slight kick of rum. This would be a fun recipe to share with friends at your next girls night.

Mango Banana Daiquiris
makes 4 drinks
Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics

2 c. chopped ripe mango (1-2 mangoes, peeled and seeded)
1 ripe banana, chopped
1/2 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (4 limes)
1/4 sugar syrup (*see note)
1 1/4 c. dark rum
mango slices for serving

Place the mango, banana, lime juice, sugar syrup, and rum in a blender and process till smooth. Add 2 cups of ice and process until smooth and thick. Serve ice cold in highball glasses with mango slices.
*Note: to make the sugar syrup heat 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water until the sugar dissolves. Chill.

5 comments:

  1. We enjoyed them with company and there was enough to have seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Good looking drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dial-up? Ewww. Makes you appreciate modern technology, doesn't it? Your daiquiris look great. I love the little flower in your glass. It looks so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was definitely a girly drink. The guys drank it gladly but complained anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice presentation on your daiquiri!

    ReplyDelete