Friday, January 1, 2010

Oreo Truffles


I know you are thinking "Just what I need, more sweet recipes to crush my diet in 2010", but these just HAVE to be shared. Apparently they have popped up in the blogosphere time and again, but they had alluded me until my hairdresser mentioned their chocolately goodness which sent me straight to the internet to investigate. I decided on the following ratios:

Oreo Truffles
36 oreos
1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
chocolate chips (for dipping)
white chocolate chips (for drizzling)

In the bowl of a food processor, pulse oreos until they are ground. Add cream cheese and blend well. The mixture looks very sticky, but is easily handled. Roll into small balls and refrigerate well. Dip chilled balls in melted chocolate and drizzle with white chocolate if desired. Store in refrigerator.

Please note that if you have an aversion to black oreo dust getting lodged between your teeth, these are the perfect alternative! They are the bite-sized answers to your snacking prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Those look so easy and tasty! Definitely saving this. I could see this working with lots of other cookies as well. Like Thin Mints.... mmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are out of this world. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how many does this make?

    ReplyDelete