Sunday, August 26, 2012

Salted Caramel Cupcakes


It has been such a long time since my last post, but we sure haven't gone hungry.  These simple cupcakes are inspired by the blog Everyday Occasions.  I made a few simple changes to the cake mix, but otherwise followed her frosting recipe.  I will post the cake recipe below, but feel free to follow the link to Jenny's site for the decadent frosting.
Cake
1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food
3 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream

Combine first four ingredients with a hand mixer and beat on low to 30 seconds.  After the mix is slightly combined, turn the mixer to medium high and mix for two more minutes.  Add the sour cream and stir until just combined.  I use a 1/4 cup measure to fill the cups.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  *My oven runs a little hot, so you may need to increase the time just a bit.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you are back and with an absolutely delicious cupcake I might add! So happy that you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete