Thursday, June 11, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers Curried Couscous


This edition of Barefoot Bloggers comes to us courtesy of Ellyn over at Recipe Collector and Tester. She chose Ina's Curried Couscous and has used the recipe as is for several years. I was excited to try something that I would not choose on my own, which is really one of the reasons I joined the group to begin with.
The dish was extremely easy and fast to prepare and had a great texture. After browsing the reviews on the Food Network website, I decided I would only add a little of the dressing at a time. I was glad I did. Matt loved the dish, but I just thought it was okay. Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy the combination of the ingredients in the couscous mixture, but maybe I am just not a curry fan. I will certainly give it another chance, but I may make a different dressing for this particular salad.

3 comments:

  1. About the only exposure to curry that I have had was in a dip served at a graduation open house prepared by Carolyn L and it was delicious. And whenever couscous is mentioned who comes to mind but Kevin C.!!

    Anyway, the dish does look good and participation in the Barefoot Bloggers is good for preparing dishes you wouldn't generally make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciated how quick and easy this one was. Sorry you didn't love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvester StabboneJune 14, 2009 at 8:22 AM

    I have found that making your own curry seasoning by toasting and grinding the spices (corriander, fennel, etc..) yourself can make a marked difference in flavour. Those pre-made seasonings just taste a little flat to me, not much character.

    ReplyDelete