Thursday, June 25, 2009

Barefoot Bloggers Gazpacho



This week for our Barefoot Bloggers challenge, Gazpacho was the choice made by Meryl of My Bit of Earth. I was really excited about this one because I have always loved Gazpacho, and because it was too stinking hot to be doing much more than chopping! I really liked how it turned out...the texture, the depth of flavors, the sour cream I added to top it off. Matt on the other hand could not get on board with this one. It is rare that he doesn't like something, but the cucumbers were too much for him to stomach. I would make this again, but in retrospect I would halve the batch because it really does make a large portion.

3 comments:

  1. John Kay of SteppenwolfJune 25, 2009 at 9:34 AM

    The color of that stuff is really quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it too - and have some leftovers in the fridge. I am going to try it with some sour cream like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even think of sour cream--yummy!

    ReplyDelete