Friday, February 6, 2009


After we had leftovers from the chicken last night, I decided to make some pitas. Matt is doing WW and we had some 1 point pitas-holy fiber- so I just reheated the chicken and made a quick chipotle mayo with Hellman's Light.
Then, I got to work on the soup for dinner. I chopped cabbage, celery, carrots, onions, red pepper, and green pepper. After these sauteed for about 10 minutes, I added basil, a 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes, and 6 cups of chicken broth. This simmered for about 45 minutes and in went the kidney beans, parmesan cheese, and noodles. I hoped for ditalini, but shells had to do in a pinch. This soup was full of more fiber and tasty to boot. The salad you see in the background is just some mixed greens, tomatoes, dried cherries, goat cheese, and pecans. It is dressed with Six Lugs cherry viniagrette. If you have never tried this treasure of the North, RUN, don't walk and get yourself a bottle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment