Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ok, let's start with a high and mighty rant:
I am smitten with all things culinary and the Bravo! series Top Chef is no exception. My husband and I watch religiously and I have a secret crush on Tom Colicchio, but I digress. Last night Jamie and her knives were sent packin' *insert applause*, but not before she managed to irritate me one last time. All along, I have been annoyed with her smug antics and I should have know not to expect better from her, but I suppose the guest appearance of chef Eric Ripert had me so ecstatic I tried to ignore her ambivilance to such a culinary genius. As I was busy drinking in Ripert's yummy accent and the prisitine kitchen at Le Bernadin Jamie blindsided me by stating she was bored by the food and that it wasn't really her thing. Hmmm...who has the four star restaurant again? At any rate as my anger subsided upon hearing of her dismissal, something strange happened. I decided Carla isn't that bad after all. Did I blog that out loud.
Now that I have that out of my system I wanted to post some pictures of the finished Gumdrop Pillow. I was happy with the way it turned out and found the pattern easy to follow. Since I was in the mood to sew, I decided to whip up and cover for the sewing machine. I previously used the plastic cover that came with the machine, but I am happier with the following result:

I thought I would post one more picture before I get back to work making seat covers. Matt has been working 2nd shift this week and as a result we have not really been eating meals together. Today he announced that he was going to fix a bologna sandwich to have for dinner and I couldn't let that happen! We had some chicken breasts in the fridge and I decided I would try them in foil packets with a sauce of cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. I simply mixed the sauce and spooned over the chicken that I had placed on the foil. I folded the packets leaving lots of room for the steam to go to work and popped them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 24 minutes. It worked like a charm! I also had some carrots, so I put them in alongside the chicken and they were done at the same time. Add a little packaged rice and barley mixture and the meal was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment