Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cakes and Cupcakes

What a day! This morning when I got up I went straight to work on some Big Bad Wolf cupcakes. The Kindergarten class I volunteer for is having a Three Little Pigs play tomorrow and I thought these would be my contribution to the refreshments. Well...many hours and a very sore hand later, here is the result.

I guess this was good practice for my cake decorating class which finally started this evening. We watched the instructor ice a cake and then learned lots of info about the course. No hands on work tonight, but we have to bring an iced cake to class next week and we will decorate it with a rainbow, clouds, and some writing. I will be sure to post the finished product. Oh, and if you are reading this post Old Answer Man, the buttercream turned out beautifully, so you can have your Royal Icing!!

4 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look like a lot of work and they turned out beautifully! I would especially enjoy the licorice (black) jelly bean! The children will no doubt be surprised and will go home with stories to tell and a little sugar buzz to start the weekend!

    Liz-beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, the cupcakes turned out very nice. However, you must also agree that they would travel and keep their points better with royal icing. You'll learn more as time passes. Heed my advice and life will get much easier.
    Tha Answer Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes look amazing!! I'm sure the kids enjoyed them very much. But, there is one thing bugging me: The Answer Man. Who is this guy? And what are his credentials? If he's The Answer Man I'm thinking of, the only thing he can cook is cream of mushroom soup from a can and Martha White brownies. I definitely wouldn't be taking his baking advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning, gorgeous, amazing.

    ReplyDelete