Sunday, July 25, 2010

Watermelon Decorated Sugar Cookies

We had another Throwdown yesterday and to sweeten my chances of victory I made these tasty cookies to compliment my watermelon lemonade.
They are by far my favorite sugar cookie recipe and though I didn't think I could find a better "royal icing" recipe, I think I hit the jackpot. The royal dried hard enough to stack and package the cookies nicely, but was still soft enough to be delicious and not break your teeth.
Now I am looking forward to the cookie orders I have in August because I am confident they will travel well and taste fantastic.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your watermelon lemonade grand prize win!!! It was delicious & the cookies were so tasty, you truly are talented!!! Your cookies will be a hit where ever they end up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful sugar cookies. The icing was a special treat! Very cute idea for a summertime cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, Coco.
    what do you prefer in your royal icing, the pasteurized egg whites or meringue powder or do you use the thing fresh from the egg?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris,
    I am a chicken so I use the meringue powder. I have never tried the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clay, yeah Clay, BertrandJuly 29, 2010 at 3:44 PM

    Tell us more about the throwdown. What where the other entries, theme, who were the cheaters, etc...

    ReplyDelete