Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Egg Cake Pops


After months of spying on Bakerella's site and drooling over her super-cute cake pops, I decided it was my turn. With Easter coming up, I thought I would give the Easter egg pops a try, and for the most part I was really happy with the way they turned out. Bakerella has detailed instructions on her site, so I won't rehash here, but I will share a couple tips in case you have a go at them.

1. Cake should be chilled until firm, but not frigid! The few I dipped when they were straight out of the freezer caused the candy coating to crack. I guess I could have pretended they were real eggs and appreciated the crack for what it was, but I'm too anal for that.

2. Make sure the candy coating meets the sucker stick and you see no cake. If you see cake, you may just have eggs that look like they are dripping cake, because the candy coating forces it to come out the bottom and ruin all your hard work.

The possibilities with these pops are truly endless, and that darn Bakerella just keeps cranking out one idea after the next. If you haven't ventured over to her site, now is the time!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! As you know I follow Bakerella also and have my eye on the bunny rabbit with cute little marshmallow tail; oh so cute! Congrats and they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out to be so cute!! I bet they were fun to embellish and even more fun to eat -- who doesn't love a treat on a stick?! Hugs, Cha

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO cute! And I love your blog - mostly because I love food and crafts too:) I think making them in a simple oval shape probably shortened the whole process - that was the hardest part of the cupcake pops!

    ReplyDelete