Thursday, April 23, 2009

Savoir Faire (eez everywhere)


Well, I for one am tipping my beret to Kathy of All Food Considered for selecting the Croque Monsieur as the Barefoot Blogger challenge for this week. Not that they are remotely similar, but I really enjoyed this dish so much more than the Chinese Chicken Salad. I did make a couple of modifications to Ina's recipe, but to good results! I did not cut the crust off the bread, as we find it to have a nice crunch and loads of flavor. Also, I made Matt's Croque with the dijon, but since I despise it as a sandwich spread, I slathered on some cherry preserves. After my raves, Matt even went back to get some to use as a dip. The bread I used was a homemade Amish White Bread that I had in the freezer and because of its dense texture, it held up to all the cheesy goodness. I think this would be a crowd pleaser and I am already thinking of the many variations that could be used. We will definately be revisiting this sandwich!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...the sweetness of preserves with this sandwich?! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try this recipe, sounds and looks fantastic! Your blog surely is interesting and you are such a creative little chef! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The preserves are a great idea. I love chuitney in a cheese sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm intrigued by the preserves... a unique addition!

    ReplyDelete