Wednesday, April 8, 2009

PBJ Bars

We had some company tonight and we all know you can't have company without dessert. Ina's PBJ Bars looked simple, and who doesn't like the combo? They did go together easily; smooshing the topping on was the most labor intensive part. My only complaint was that they were a bit dry, but if you dug milk you would be in business--make mine chocolate!! Oh, and don't you just love it when your company brings along a lovely bunch of flowers?
And in other news: Made a second loaf of no-knead today, and was even happier with the results. I added an additional pinch of salt and let the first rise go for 15 hours. It seemed to make a difference, but the added salt was where I really picked up the flavor. I could totally see myself making this bread weekly and beginning to experiment with some additions such as cheese, garlic, and the likes.

1 comment:

  1. I have viewed the PBJ bar recipe before and hesitated to make them but must say they look good!
    The flowers are beautiful and by this time Stella has no doubt tried to sneak a little nibble. So thoughtful of your dinner guest to bring along such a colorful surprise! You are tempting me with the bread!!!

    ReplyDelete