Friday, April 3, 2009

Gołąbki


Problem: Once again, we here in Michigan have been fooled by Mother Nature. Yesterday she brought us temps in the mid 60's and today we are back to the frigid, windy garbage we have lived with all Winter.

Solution: Fix Emeril's cabbage roll recipe to warm your tummy and transport you back to Grandma's kitchen when you were but knee-high to a grasshopper. OK, so my Grandma isn't polish, but maybe yours is??

The only change I made was to puree the sauce slightly with my stick blender since Matt isn't big on tomato chunks. Although it is a very time consuming recipe with lots of prep work, the result is a hearty dish that is very satisfying on a cold day. And you know what I say to that? BAM!

*Note: If you want a tangy compliment to the cabbage rolls, serve with a dollop of sour cream.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it could use a little ketchup and definitely a side of couscous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time since I fixed cabbage rolls and must admit, they never looked as nice as yours. Your commentary is interesting and the background for your pic makes me want to try something fun for my next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabbage rolls look good, I used to make them , and I have to say your looked better than mine,

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You might like these stories" is clever and what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete