Friday, April 3, 2009

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I Have Cake In My Tummy


In case you haven't noticed, I surf the internet for recipes often. I stumbled upon a gem for a flourless chocolate cake and after reading the description, I was compelled to make it as soon as I possibly could. I actually started it last night and let it set up without the ganache overnight. This morning I got to work on the topping and threw it into the fridge to set up. The ganache sets up quickly and as you can see, I put a piece on top so you could the the interior. That piece was promptly eaten and let me tell you, if this cake was a song, it would be named You Make My Dreams (Come True). Hall and Oates weren't talking about just any 80's hussy. No, they were speaking of this smooth piece of dark chocolate that makes makes your mouth water and come back for more. And, thanks to Tish Boyle my dreams have come true!

3 comments:

  1. You're right, this looks perfect for Tyler! The cake looks great and I must say that your pic looks very professional -- is that sunlight streaming in the background? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been just the right time of day:)
    Tyler would love this for his celebration, I used semi-sweet even though it calls for bitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the background from your scrapbooking days? Flourless cake...it almost looks like cheesecake and you know the throwdown is approaching and I might even get Tyler's vote if I made something like that. Your photography is impressive!

    ReplyDelete